Bethany's Story

In 2009, Bethany completed a study at the Cooper Institute. She wanted to continue her weight loss and increase her level of health. The day after completing the study, Bethany read an article in the Health and Fitness section of the Dallas Morning News about a new program starting up in her area. She attended an information session that night and met coach Claire Oliver, and All Tri founders Randall White and Brian Brode. She felt right at home with them and loved their enthusiasm for what they were setting out to accomplish.

Bethany became a part of All Tri's inaugural season in February 2009. She had never completed a race, but in May 2009, Bethany swam, biked, and ran 32 miles in her first Olympic distance triathlon. Later that year, Bethany ran her first half marathon. Since 2009, Bethany has completed multiple triathlons, running events, and cycling events. As an elder and board member, Bethany even completed the last loop of a run with another athlete to motivate her across the line.

"I was originally afraid I wouldn't be able to raisie the required amount, but once my friends, family, and coworkers found out what I was doing, they quickly donated to help my cause. Even people I'd never met in the Aggie Alumni Association donated to my cause."

Bethany raised over $2000 for the SPCA of Texas.

Over the years, Bethany has "loved the people of All Tri and training with them so much" that when she was asked to serve on the All Tri board, she quickly said yes. Bethany currently serves as Vic Chair of All Tri and states, "I wouldn't trade my experiences and friendships for anything."


To find out how you can raise funds for the charity of YOUR CHOICE, join us June 7th for our kickoff event at REI. For more information or to RSVP, click here.